Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Poppy Planting


              For happy hours the Rose will idly blow-- The Poppy hath a charm for pain and woe. 

Mary A. Barr Quotes , Source: White Poppies

Okay, so now my poppies are not looking healthy at all.  They seem to be dying off/wilting away.  Perhaps from over watering or maybe they were too crowded.  I have gotten the soil to dry up a bit, and am hoping that some will make it.  I still see some "furry" areas around the soil and base of the plants that could be mold? I had thought at first that it was part of the seed........





On a happier note, my hyacinth beans are doing great!  The second set of leaves are about to pop out!




My poppy sprouts are all up except one square, so I still have that particular one in the plastic bag, hoping for germination.  Of course, there is always the chance that I missed that square when planting, so it could be a fruitless effort!  My hyacinth bean plants are doing great- 4 inches tall already!  I am enjoying watching them grow a little each day- how fun!
Spring Sprout (Brooke)



3 comments:

  1. Your poppies look much happier than mine. The spacing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- unfortunately now they look pitiful! Fingers crossed that some will pull through.....

      Delete