If you remember, last year I had very little success with "stubby" my hyacinth bean. He didn't make it to the transplant stage before his early demise. So, I was thrilled to have both of my milk jugs sprout - or so I thought. Jug A which I thought was an emerging sprout, either died quickly, or really was a piece of vermiculite.
March 25, 2015
My bean sprout is growing, it's a good six inches if stretched vertical. The weird thing is the first set of leaves - which have the hard black part of the seed on them - look fused together. I am not going to attempt to separate the leaves and hope this is natural, and will solve itself.
April 27, 2015
I have moved my Hyacinth Bean to the bay window where it gets morning sun. I am very pleased with its dark green color and it looks so healthy! The leaf issue resolved itself and the leaves are now separate. I also have another sprout that has appeared in my milk jug. Guess I wasn't overly optimistic about my propagation abilities. Took the hyacinth bean to our Hort meeting for show and tell.
Next day - the second sprout grew THREE inches! I did notice the soil was pretty dry when I had it at the meeting so had given it a good drink.
|A successful Forgetful Sprout!|
|This one at Kitty Sprouts is beautiful|
|WV Sprout again grew hers up the no-longer-used bball pole|
|And this one is amazing at Buffy's from just 2 seeds!|